Data protection policy
By “personal data”, we mean all information relating to a specific or identifiable natural or legal person. Processing includes any handling of personal data, regardless of the means and procedures used, in particular the acquisition, storage, use, alteration, disclosure, archiving or destruction of personal data.
Nagra’s website respects the privacy of its users. Data collected during access is limited to the minimum necessary to operate the website. Personal data is only used for processing orders.
E-mail addresses or personal information received by us are neither sold nor passed on in any other way and are protected against unauthorised use by technical and organisational measures. Data which no longer serve their intended purpose are periodically discarded or deleted upon request (principal: “single-use address”).
Nagra is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with applicable legislation, in particular business secrets and data protection laws.
Please note that e-mail communication is partly conducted openly and unencrypted. It is therefore not possible to rule out that data sent in this way may be viewed by third parties and that efforts to contact Nagra may be traced.
The Swiss Data Protection Act (DSG) applies. Reference is made to any additionally applicable laws based on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO).
Visiting the website
When our website is visited, our web server automatically records information about your visit on the basis of our legitimate interests (e.g. information about the browser used, the operating system, the internet service provider (ISP), the IP address and the date and time of access). These data are used to continuously improve the user-friendliness of our website and to optimise its content. As a rule, the information does not allow conclusions to be drawn about your identity, so that this data cannot be considered personal.
Nagra can process the following categories of personal data, but only processes as few personal data as necessary.
Nagra processes customer data. In particular, this includes the following:
- Personal data
- Marketing data
- Technical data
- Nagra processes data on interested parties or visitors
In order to fulfil the purposes set out in this data protection statement (cf. “Purposes”), Nagra may collect personal data from the following sources:
- Personal data provided to us, e.g. in the course of establishing a business relationship, or on our website.
- Personal data that is accrued by using our services and that is transferred to us through the technical infrastructure or through division of labour processes, e.g. via our website or when working with other service providers.
- Personal data from third-party sources
- Duration of storage
- How long personal data is stored is determined by legal storage obligations (five, ten or more years depending on the applicable legal basis) or the purpose of the respective data processing.
Nagra may process the personal data described under “Processing” to conduct its own services both for its own purposes as well as for purposes provided for by law.
In particular, this includes the following:
- Implementation, processing and administration of services
- Statistics, planning or business decisions (e.g. determination of key figures for the use of services, utilisation figures).
- Monitoring and risk management, business review, opening of business, timely business processing (e.g. market or operational risks).
- Marketing, market research, comprehensive support, advice and information on the range of available services (e.g. sponsoring, determination of customer satisfaction, customer needs or behaviour, or assessment of customer or market potential).
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter offered on our website, we will need your e-mail address as well as information verifying that you are the owner of the provided e-mail address and that you agree to receiving the newsletter.
To ensure that you agree to the newsletter being mailed to you, we use the so-called double-opt-in process. This allows us to include potential recipients to our mailing list. The user will receive a confirmation e-mail with the option to legally confirm his or her registration. Only when the registration has been confirmed will the address be actively included in the mailing list.
These data are solely used to mail the requested information and offers.
Nagra uses the newsletter software Sendinblue GmbH, which transmits your data to Sendinblue GmbH. Sendinblue GmbH is not permitted to sell your data or use it for any other purpose that to mail the newsletters. Sendinblue GmbH is a German, certified service provider selected in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
More information is available here.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of your data, your e-mail address and its use for sending you the newsletter at any time, for example by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter.
The data protection measures are continuously subject to technical innovations. For this reason, we ask you to keep yourself informed about our data protection measures at regular intervals by consulting our data protection declaration.
One purpose of cookies is to record the frequency of use, the number of users and behaviour patterns on our website, to increase the security of website use and to design our range of information in a user-friendly manner. As soon as you leave the website, these cookies are automatically deleted.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness. These are stored on your terminal device for a certain specified time period. When you visit our website again to make use of our services, we automatically recognise that you have visited our website before and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter these again.
You can configure your browser settings so that no cookies are stored on your computer. Completely deactivating cookies may result in you not being able to use all functions of our website.
Nagra uses the Disqus comment system provided by DISQUS, Inc, 301 Howard St, Floor 3, San Francisco 94105, California, USA. Disqus offers various registration options: either by creating your own Disqus account or by using existing social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
When you sign up for Disqus, your information is managed by Disqus in line with its data protection policy.
Should you register with Disqus through social media accounts, these service providers will also collect and process information about your use of the Disqus functions. For more information, please view the data protection policies of the respective providers.
On nagra.ch, you can comment as a guest. However, as a result, some functions may not be available.
Google Analytics and Google Ads
By using this website, you consent to the processing of your personal data by Google in the manner and for the purposes described above.
To incorporate videos, we use, among others, the provider YouTube. YouTube is operated by YouTube LLC, USA, and it is represented by Google LLC, USA.
On some of our websites, we use videos incorporated by the provider YouTube. When you access a page with such a video, a connection is established to the YouTube servers, thus passing on information on the websites you accessed to the YouTube server. If you are logged in as a member of YouTube, YouTube will assign this information to your personal user account. When you use the plug-in, e.g. by clicking on the start button of a video, this information is also assigned to your user account. You can prevent this assignment by logging out of your YouTube user account as well as other user accounts belonging to YouTube LLC and Google LLC and deleting the companies’ corresponding cookies before accessing our website.
For information on the purpose and extent of data collection and of the further processing and use of the data by YouTube as well as your rights and settings options for the protection of your privacy in this regard, please refer to the YouTube data protection information: www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
SSL encryption (HTTPS protocol)
For the optimal protection of your transmitted data, the website operators use SSL encryption. You can recognise such encrypted connections by the prefix “https://” in the page link in your browser’s address bar. Unencrypted pages are labelled “http://”.
Due to SSL encryption, none of the data that you transmit to this website – for example when making enquiries or logging in – can be read by third parties.
When using our contact form, we may receive identification data (e.g. title, name), contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone number, address) and messages. We use this information to fulfil a contract or for pre-contractual measures, e.g. to contact you, to process a specific concern or to inform you about our services.
Links to other websites
The Nagra website contains links to internet pages of other providers. Nagra has not checked the linked websites and is not responsible for their content and any services offered.
Nagra expressly excludes any liability (including negligence) to the extent permitted by law, for any damage or consequential damages that might arise from accessing or using our website and or any websites linked to it.
Copyright, trademark, licensing and other rights
All elements of the website are protected by copyright. Downloading or printing individual pages and/or parts of the website is permitted insofar as no legally protected designations are removed. All property rights remain with Nagra. The (complete or partial) reproduction, transmission (electronic or by other means), modification, linkage or use of the website for public or commercial purposes is not permitted without the prior written consent of Nagra.
You have the right:
- To request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the category of personalised data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be exposed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correct, delete, limit the processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making, including profiling and, if applicable, significant information on its details (Art. 15 General Data Protection Regulation, DSGVO). In the event of a disproportionate amount of effort, we reserve the right to request proof of identity and advance cost absorption.
- To request the immediate correction of wrong or incomplete personal data about you stored by us (Art. 16 DSGVO).
- To request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless we have to process them to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 17 DSGVO).
- To request the processing of your personal data be restricted insofar as you dispute the that the data are correct, the processing is illegal, but you refuse their deletion, and we no longer need the data, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend your legal claims, or if you have filed an objection in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO against the processing (Art. 18 DSGVO).
- To receive the data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another responsible party (Art. 20 DSGVO).
- To revoke your prior consent at any point in time. As a result, we may not process data in the future if they were based on this consent (Art. 7, Par. 3 DSGVO).
- To complain to a supervisory authority (cf. below; Art. 77 DSGVO).
Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 Phrase 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO insofar as there are reasons resulting from a special situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, and we implement it without stating a particular situation.
Nagra uses technical and organisational security measures to protect your data managed by us against manipulation, loss, destruction and against access of unauthorised persons. Our security measures are continuously being improved in accordance with technological development.
Data protection officer
Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner
(Eidgenössischer Öffentlichkeits- und Datenschutzbeauftragter, EDÖB)
Timeliness and amendment of this data protection statement
We may amend or adapt this data protection policy at any time. The current data protection declaration can be found at https://www.nagra.ch/en/data-protection-policy.htm.
Wettingen, 30.06.2021, Version 3